Conversation Questions about “Age” (Young and Old)
- What are some of the differences between “the young” and “the old”?
- What do you think is the best age to be?
- What is the best thing about being young?
- What is the best thing about being old?
- When is “Middle-Aged”?
- Are young people generally more selfish than older people (their parents or grandparents)?
- What are some examples of “Age Limits”?
- Is having age limits for certain things a good idea or a bad one? – (driving a car, drinking alcohol, voting, etc.)
- When do you think someone is old enough to:
- Drink alcohol
- Fight in a war
- Live by themselves
- Have sex
- Get married
- Have babies
- Start working
- Should people be forced to retire at a certain age?
- Should people be forced to stop driving at a certain age?
- Should a person be forced to go to school at a certain age?
- What is a good age to retire?
- When is a person to young to retire?
- When is a person old enough to become:
- President or Ruler of a Country
- Head of a Company
- A Parent
- When is someone too old to be the things listed above?
- What do you think is a good age to live to?
- How young would you consider a person to be for them to “die young”
- Are you afraid of getting old?
- What age do you think is “old”?
- Some people say that youth is a state of mind, do you agree?
- If so, do you think it is the same way with being “old”?
(“GiveMeSomeEnglish!!! – Informational Disclaimer”)
THIS IS BY NO MEANS A COMPLETE LIST…
The items on this list are a combination of ideas compiled from many sources including my own personal experience and inspiration. These are basic questions that anyone with enough time and brainpower can think of. Therefore, I do not claim ownership of these ideas, nor do I believe that anyone else can either.
If this list looks similar to any others on the internet, it is because these are good ideas for a conversational class on this particular topic and these questions can be found in numerous different places.
The reason that they appear here is because I have compiled this list for my own personal use and have also made it available for anyone else who may find it useful in their studies or teaching practice.
Information used for educational purposes should be free for ALL, for the sake of education and the overall advancement of human-kind.
It is also in this same light, that I invite anyone who wishes – to copy, cut, paste, and otherwise use this page for their own educational or instructional needs…
…There is nothing original under the sun…
(None can claim ownership… All are rightful heirs of knowledge.)
Have An Excellent Day!